Principal VFX Artist
Firesprite Games – Liverpool, UK (Remote)
Want to work on a brand new narrative IP? You'll be joining right at the start of the project and will have a hand in shaping what it will eventually become!
For this role, you should be an experienced VFX Artist with a proven track record of creating and maintaining VFX for games. Working from reference or concept art, you will bring the Art Director’s vision to life and maintain a consistent art style. You will need to work closely with the rest of the team, including Designers, Animators, and Cinematic Artists, to create gameplay VFX and cinematic VFX that reinforce gameplay aesthetics and look visually stunning.
Your day-to-day will include the following:
- Creating and designing high quality real-time visual FX for characters, environments, and gameplay
- Assisting the Art Director and the design team in establishing the visual style of the VFX
- Ensuring optimal performance and technical quality of assets
- Work from photo references or concept art to deliver a fully game-ready asset, including texturing and shading in game engine
- Mentoring of more junior artists
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- Strong AAA game experience
- A portfolio demonstrating a variety of game-ready visual effects and a strong understanding of the relevant technical requirements
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 and the Cascade / Niagara editors (or equivalents)
- Advanced knowledge of industry-standard DCC software (ie Maya/Max etc)
- Experience with baked and real-time destruction simulation
- Strong core art skills, including an understanding of composition, form, silhouette, colour, and light theory
- A keen eye for motion, compositing, and animation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A love and understanding of games and game art creation
Interested in hearing more about this role?
Get in touch with us!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777