Principal Tools Engineer
Playground Games – Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
The critically-acclaimed Playground Games are searching for a talented Principal Tools Engineer to join their Fable team, working on the open world action RPG in the historical town of Leamington Spa in the United Kingdom.
In this role, you will assist in establishing the technical direction for the team. You will work with other disciplines to ensure delivery and maintenance of a powerful and efficient toolset that meets the needs of the development team.
To be successful in this role, you'll be driven by a passion for software engineering, as well as motivating and mentoring others to deliver high quality, innovative solutions. You'll have to be highly motivated and approachable, with a strong desire to push the boundaries of technology. As you'll be working closely with internal and external stakeholders, your ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively is vital.
The skills and experience you'll need…
- A relevant industry background working with current-gen hardware
- A proven track record of successful planning and delivery
- An aptness for working autonomously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a customer-focused mindset
- A proficiency for balancing quality and efficiency, all while working under tight deadlines
- An expertise in C# and software architecture
- A sincere passion for videogames
Are you as excited by the development of the next generation of the Fable franchise? Do you want play a key part in it’s development?
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a new team within one of the world’s leading games studios. It provides exciting new challenges for experienced developers looking to further their career and create world class games.
Are you interested in learning more about this role?
Get in touch with Paul for a confidential chat about the role, studio and their culture.
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777.