Principal Technical Artist (Remote Options)
Team17 – Yorkshire, UK
Due to continued success, Team17 are looking for a Principal Technical Artist, accomplished in technical art management, games development and team growth.
Team17 has world class development talent, industry expertise, and creative and inventive thinking. They're the perfect home to harness and grow your knowledge and skills, and the breadth of activity here means every day is lively, diverse, invigorating, and full of passion for games.
They are looking for a technical evangelist, offering significant experience supporting and providing accountability for technical art, technical animation, lighting and VFX. As a member of the wider Art team, you will provide support to both Manchester and Wakefield studios, from site or remote within the UK or EU nations.
- Provide strong technical art guidance that covers technical art, technical animation, lighting and VFX.
- Organise and supervise the technical art team to successfully meet all studio expectations
- Maintain the flow of information to the team that align with the art department objectives
- Form a close working relationship with the heads of department, producers, leads, and other teams to build on the project requirements and visual quality
- Champion personal development within the technical art team
- Maintain expert knowledge of game development processes and production pipelines
- Define and execute specific aspects of the wider department’s strategy which relate to the technical art teams area of expertise
- Organise and manage technical art documentation on the art wiki
- Define technical roadmaps and long-term vision for the technical art team
- Prototype smart approaches to art and content creation and spearhead R&D efforts
- Improve existing content creation tools and pipelines based on both current and long-term needs
- Oversee the implementation of new technologies and workflows
- Set standards for and guard the quality of both the technical implementation as well as the visual results of in-game content and tools
- Participate in project scheduling and provide planning foresight that covers all aspects of the technical art team
- Maintain the flow of information to the team that align with the project’s objectives
- Ensure that assets respect the artistic vision of the game and meet the quality standards required by the project leads
- Support complex problem solving on assigned projects
- Facilitate collaboration with external and internal teams
- Actively participate to help make improvements to work methods and pipelines
Required skills and knowledge:
- A deep understanding of modern content creation tools and workflows: modelling, texturing, shading, rigging, animation, and lighting
- An excellent knowledge of modern physically based materials and lighting
- Familiarity modern graphics hardware
- A background with modern graph-based programming
- Experience with Maya, Photoshop, and Substance Painter / Designer
- High level of proficiency in Python and C#
- Knowledge of modern shading languages such as PSSL, HLSL or GLSL
- Expertise Unity, Unreal or other games engines
For more information regarding this opportunity please contact Jordan Langley one +44 (0)1709 834 777 or email email@example.com now!