Senior or Principal Character Artist (Remote Options)
Mediatonic – Leamington Spa
Mediatonic are looking for a Principal or Senior Character Artist to join their acclaimed team to work on their world-renowned Fall Guys!
In this role, your primary responsibility will be to produce the character art assets that help the Art Leads, Creative Director and Studio Art Director realise their vision.
You will proactively contribute towards the improvement of character art pipelines in the studio and work closely with other artistic disciplines within the studio to ensure best practices and technical standards are met. You'll need to be creatively flexible, adapting styles as necessary, typically during the exploratory stages of pre-production and when moving between projects. You will also be required to create and quality assure that in-game assets adhere to technical briefs. You will track your time and report your progress/risks/issues daily, or at the point of identification.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Utilising your artistic judgment to produce high-quality character art for the game with excellent textures
- Occasionally following existing detailed concept art, in other cases, you will create characters from scratch that match the general art direction
- Collaborating closely with artistic leadership to create memorable characters.
- Ensuring that the technical implementation of character assets matches the projects style guide
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role…
- 4+ years background in games art, preferably in character art
- examples of 3D stylized art in a portfolio
- An in-depth knowledge of Unity
Mediatonic are thriving in all aspects as a studio, with over 250 employees and multiple very popular titles across console and mobile; there's no better time to join the growing Tonic Games Group. Better yet, they are now part of the Epic Games family – offering great benefits including 48 days per year holiday and EPIC bonuses!
Want to learn more about this position? Get in touch with Dan for a confidential chat.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777.