Principal Graphics Programmer (Remote)
Media Molecule – Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Media Molecule are searching for a Principal Graphics Programmer to join their engine team, where you will be focused on developing and optimising core aspects of the Dreams game engine.
You'll have to have what it takes to be responsible for maintaining and developing Media Molecule’s unique, world-class graphics engine. You will have the opportunity to bring your individuality and enthusiasm and to put your stamp on the engine, all ideas are encouraged! This role brings a huge impact in a small team, playing a key role in defining the future of the engine.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- The maintenance and improvement of the rendering systems of Dreams
- Monitoring and optimising GPU performance – producing systems that are efficient, scalable and easy to maintain
- Collaboration with members of multiple disciplines to investigate and implement new rendering techniques to make Dreams more expressive and feature-rich
- Communicating ideas, goals and constraints with team members of multiple disciplines
The skills and experience you'll need…
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A proficiency in both C and C++
- Intuitive in debugging and analytics
- An in-depth comprehension of software performance characteristics and associated ability to implement systems optimised for performance
- A mastery of mathematical concepts and analysis techniques as they apply to game engine programming
- An established familiarity with hardware details of multiple game platforms, their associated capabilities and performance bottlenecks
- Significant track record in optimising code for varied architectures
- Knowledge of modern GPU architectures and low-level programming to a high degree
- A firm grasp of one or more rendering APIs such as DirectX, OpenGL/Vulkan or GNM
- Expertise in multi-threaded programming
- An aptitude for working independently to complete assigned projects with limited supervision
- Up-to-date understanding of technological developments and advancements within the games industry
- Several years in a graphics development background, AAA a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience
Bonus points if you have…??????
- A sincere interest in videogames
- Industry experience with assembly programming
- A familiarity with cross platform development techniques
- A background in developing and refactoring code in a live service environment
Are you interested in learning more about this role?
Get in touch with Paul for a confidential chat about the role, studio and their culture.
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777.