Principal Graphics Programmer
nDreams – Farnborough, UK
Just one look at Phantom: Covert Ops and you will know why nDreams is one of the top VR game development studios around!
Since 2013, they have been dedicated to interactive VR and boast one of the most experienced studios in the world in this space.
They are about to embark on a new, unannounced project to develop a much anticipated AAA VR game, making it an excellent time to join them to head up the graphics discipline as the Principal Graphics Programmer.
Your day-to-day will involve the following:
- Researching, implementing, and supporting new rendering features and shaders across multiple platforms
- Creating stable, reusable, and modular rendering technologies that make best use of Unreal Engine and its existing pipeline
- Collaborating with technical and creative staff to come up with timescales, implement features, and resolve issues
- Capacity planning
- Participating in development of tools that improve artist workflows
- Profiling and optimising existing code and systems
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- Deep knowledge of key technologies used in graphics programming for games, such as C++ and HLSL
- Ability to write readable, reusable, safe, and performant code utilising design patterns and software engineering
- An understanding of 3D maths and data structures, along with performance-minded development and optimisation skills
- Experience working professionally with Unreal Engine 4 would be beneficial
- A history of developing virtual reality apps for mobile, console or PC would be a great bonus
You'll get the following in return:
- Flexible core hours with a hybrid office / remote working situation (all remote for now)
- Share options
- 20 days holiday (increasing yearly up to 25)
- Two duvet days a year (unscheduled leave)
- Your birthday off
- Monthly socials (including Breakfast Butty Monday and Free Drink Friday)
- Great facilities with a cycle station, showers. and more all on-site
Interested in learning more?
Contact Philip Boltt at Aardvark Swift for a confidential chat!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777