Wouldn't it be awesome to take your VR programming experience and apply it to some of the most exciting, cutting edge VR projects around?
As a Principal Programmer you will guide the next generation of quality VR games through the full dev cycle, from prototyping to launch! With a deep understanding of your discipline you will need to be skilled at technical design, able to plan projects and lead teams through thick and thin. Whether you’re an experienced lead looking for a new challenge, or a senior coder at the top of your discipline looking to make more impact on development, we'd love to hear from you.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Designing and directing high quality, scalable features for our exciting AAA-quality VR games.
- Applying specialist knowledge and experience to cutting-edge feature and system development.
- Working with production team to plan, steer and review code work across a project.
- Guiding a code team in the production of clean, efficient and reusable code.
- Driving the technical quality of gameplay, systems and visuals throughout our products.
What experience do you need?
- An experienced generalist who’s self-motivated, a team player and takes the lead on complex tasks to produce results quickly.
- Proven track-record programming high quality features for published PC, console or mobile titles, along with authoring efficient and scalable game systems.
- Experience leading, managing and mentoring other coders.
- A thorough knowledge of 3D maths and data structures, along with performance-minded development and optimisation skills.
- An advanced knowledge base of C++ programming, data structures, design patterns and software engineering.
- If you have VR development and Unreal experience, that would be ideal too!
This is a studio that encourages an open, creative and diverse culture. As part of our small but growing studio you’ll be empowered to explore your ideas and put your own stamp on the titles you work on.
They offer some great perks:
- flexible core hours,
- share options,
- 20 days holiday (increasing yearly to a maximum of 25 days),
- two duvet days and a day off to celebrate your birthday
- various monthly socials (including Breakfast Butty Monday and Free Drink Friday)!
- open plan office with great facilities: cycle station, showers and more all on site.
Interested? Get in touch! – email@example.com / +44 (0) 01709 8347770