Principal Gameplay Designer
nDreams – Farnborough, UK
Are you a Principal Gameplay Designer looking for your next challenge? Why not tackle one of the most inclusive and exciting UK studios, a champion of a positive work culture, collaboration, and diversity. In this open and creative environment, you’ll be empowered to explore your ideas and put your own stamp on the titles you work on.
Does that sound enticing? As a leader in VR gaming, they have multiple successful releases under their belt already, including an award-winning stealth action game in 2019.
What Will You Be Doing?
Working collaboratively with all members of the development team you will lead design implementation of the highest quality game features, AI systems, Progression, UI, Multiplayer, interactive elements, etc.
- You'll be the main point of contact for Feature Design issues across the studio projects.
- You'll be managing and leading the feature designers on multiple projects across the studio.
- You'll be adding experience, direction, and measurable performance leadership to the design processes and the design team.
- You'll be continually assessing and improving the design implementation pipeline and processes, ensuring that nDreams methodologies stay at the forefront of industry best practice, are commercially efficient and well organised.
Who Are We Looking For?
- Are you an open-ended problem solver? – Analytical mind that can proactively breakdown target experiences into world class features aligned with the Game Directors vision.
- Can you be a leader and motivate other members of the team? – Leading by example to promote the effectiveness of the team, managing individual performance, agreeing goals and plans for the team, communicating with and involving others and showing trust in others.
- Can you be a team player? – Helping the team to achieve results through good project management to keep tasks on track.
- Are you great at communicating and building relationships? – Ability to work collaboratively with the wider team at nDreams and to communicate clearly through email and in person, and with the ability to build relationships at all levels.
- Are you great at planning and organising? – Ability to prioritise work, identify and manage workload for both for yourself and for those in for your project teams.
- The role will be remote working for an initial period and based in the modern studio in Farnborough, UK, within easy commuting distance from London and Guildford.
If you think this could be the role for you, we would love you to get in touch! Please contact Simon either through email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777.