Principal Gameplay Designer
nDreams – Farnborough, UK
Are you a Principal Gameplay Designer looking for your next challenge? Why not join one of the most inclusive and exciting UK studios who are a champion of positive work culture, collaboration, and diversity. In this open and creative environment, you’ll be empowered to explore your ideas and put your own stamp on the titles you work on.
Does that sound enticing? As a leader in VR gaming, they have multiple successful releases under their belt already, including an award-winning stealth action game in 2019.
What will you be doing? Good question!
You'll be working collaboratively with all members of the development team, leading design implementation of the highest quality game features such as; AI systems, progression, UI, multiplayer, interactive elements, and more!
Your day-to-day will involve the following tasks:
- The main point of contact for feature design issues across the studio's projects
- Manage and lead the feature designers on multiple projects
- Add experience, direction, and measurable performance leadership to the design process and the design team
- Continually assess and improve the design implementation pipeline and processes
- Ensure nDreams' methodologies stay at the forefront of industry best practices, are commercially efficient, and well organised
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed in this role:
- Are you an open-ended problem solver? – Analytical mind that can proactively break down target experiences into world class features aligned with the Game Directors' vision
- Can you be a leader and motivate other members of the team? – Lead by example to promote the effectiveness of the team, managing individual performance, agreeing goals and plans for the team, as well as communicating and showing trust in others
- Can you be a team player? – Helping the team to achieve results through good project management, keeping tasks on track
- Are you great at communicating and building relationships? – Ability to work collaboratively with the wider team at nDreams and able to communicate clearly through email and in person, with the ability to build relationships at all levels
- Are you great at planning and organising? – Ability to prioritise work, as well as identifying and managing workload for yourself and for those in your project teams
The role will be remote working for an initial period and then based in the modern nDreams studio in Farnborough, UK. It is within easy commuting distance from London and Guildford.
Looking to learn more about the role or the studio?
If you think this could be the role for you, we would love you to get in touch!
Please email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777