Principal Artist (Hybrid Options)
XR Games – Leeds, UK
XR Games are currently looking for a talented Principal Artist to join their award winning development studio and work on an exciting new project.
You will work closely with producers, game designers, creative, and programmers as well as lead an experienced art project team, where both your technical skills and creativity will help craft this new project.
As a Principal Artist at XR Games, you will…
- Take the art lead on a brand new VR project
- Create, implement and compose diverse 3D art across areas such as environments, weapons, vehicles etc to the highest standard
- Work closely with the Art Director to ensure visual standards, technical requirements and best practises are maintained
- Mentor and guide other 3D Artists and provide regular feedback
For this role, you'll need…
- 5+ years of game studio experience, with at least one shipped title across a full development cycle
- High level of proficiency in industry standard software such as 3DS Max/Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter/Designer etc – and the ability to quickly learn new tools as appropriate
- Proven ability to work across different visual styles
- Great attention to detail and aesthetics
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate ideas visually as well as verbally
- Experience and understanding of game engines such as Unity/Unreal and similar.
- To be a highly motivated lead and a pro-active mentor
- Experience in AR/VR development a bonus
This role will offer a mix of home and office-based flexibility and flexible working hours, ideally you'll be UK based and be able to reasonably commute to the studio in Leeds.
Interested? Want to know more?
Call +44 (0)1709834777 now or email email@example.com