Avalanche Studios – Stockholm, SE
When it comes to studios that people love working for, Avalanche are always high on that list internationally. Working out of their Stockholm studio, they have a pressing need to recruit a highly talented Physics Programmer to join their team.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop cutting-edge physics tools and in-game systems, using them in creative and novel ways to bring livelihood, systemic behaviors, and explosive situations into their games, by iterating towards the perfect blend of realism and fun gameplay.
You’ll be working together with designers, artists, and programmers from various departments, such as animation, AI, and Network, to help them understand and use physics to its best. You will also develop new and maintain existing physics systems, ensuring performance, ease of use, and extendibility.
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- Fluency in C/C++
- Experience authoring and extending physics systems for a shipped AAA game title on current generation consoles or PC
- Experience working with game physics in a multiplayer title
- Experience with industry standard physics engines like PhysX, or preferably Havok
- Experience of low level optimisations, performance profiling, and fixing stability issues
- Strong multi-threaded programming skills
- Commitment to code and API clarity
- Outstanding math skills (linear algebra, matrix/quaternion math)
- Able to communicate well with other disciplines including top tier communication and collaboration with designers and artists
- Ability to understand problems from a game design perspective
- Passion for playing and making games
The following will earn you BONUS POINTS:
- Physics/mathematics/computer science degree
- Experience with systems simulations (water, wind, vehicles)
- Experience with cloth simulation
- SIMD programming
Avalanche Studios believe in worlds beyond limits. They are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace and are an equal opportunity employer, valuing diversity at their company. Everyone at Avalanche has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of their world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
Interested in learning more?
Get in touch with me!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777