Supermassive Games, Guildford
With a passion to deliver high-end cinematic games, Supermassive Games are looking for an Outsourcing Manager to join The Dark Pictures development team! They’re carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry.
In this role you will be responsible for the specification, development and delivery of externally developed assets, in addition to developing and maintaining good long-term relationships with the external development partners that work with Supermassive on The Dark Pictures anthology.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working with senior staff both internally and externally, personable and diplomatic but capable of communicating both positive and negative feedback to get the best out of external relationships.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Working with the internal production management team and leads to determine the optimal level of work to be placed with the correct partner teams
- Creating specification documents for all external assets to be developed, working with internal production team and leads as required
- Validating estimates for the work to be done based on the Design Specification, Production Design, Concept Art, Tools and Production Methods
- Commissioning existing external development partners to produce work to the highest standard expected by Supermassive Games
- Conducting regular Skype meetings with each partner to review progress and initiate new work streams, bringing in others from the studio team as appropriate
- Ensuring each partner complies with contract terms
- Liaison with partners to solve issues and communicate needs with strong project planning
- Accurately report actual and forecast costs and effort to enable the Studio to support with appropriate resources
- Managing partner communication tools, such as Shotgun and Jira
- Seeking opportunities to develop new partnerships with high quality external developers
The skills and experience you'll need…
- You will need several years’ professional development in production roles within a game studio, with direct responsibility for relationship and production management with external partners; OR an experienced video games artist that would like to transition managing a team of outsourced artists
- Great communicator with assertive but diplomatic nature
- Fanatical about details
- Meticulously organised
- Familiarity with a variety of project management and asset management software (e.g. Shotgun, Jira)
- Passion for narrative-led games
You will also need to be…
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Obsessed with quality
- Creative and innovative Benefits
At Supermassive Games, not only will you have the chance to work on challenging and rewarding projects, but they also offer a range of excellent benefits including 25 days annual leave, social events and constantly improving tools and tech!
If you’re interested in this role, or would like more info, please get in touch with Jess Galvin at Aardvark Swift now on 01709 834777 or firstname.lastname@example.org