About my Client:
My client entertains millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why they employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
They’re now looking for an Outsource Art Lead. The OS Art Lead will work with both internal and external teams of world/environment artists, to direct and manage outsource infrastructure and pipeline. You will collaborate closely with Art Direction and Artists to understand and communicate the visual goals of the project externally and to maintain the consistency of vision with the external teams.
· Own the quality control of incoming assets and manage the process of feedback and approval
· Manage performance issues and provide guidance to external partners
· Define high level Art Production strategy and assist in scheduling
· Manage incoming content, organize and distribute in engine for the internal art team
· Coordinate creation of benchmark assets and creation of art briefs
· Coordinate with Distribution Development Manager on addressing vendor gaps, training requirements, work orders.
· Coordinate vendor communication to internal team
· Gather references and assist in the look development process
· Identify new partners and oversee vendor testing
· Define new areas that will require bench mark assets
· Devise vendor training packages
· Able to produce quick rough production concept art or paintovers if necessary
An Outsource Art Lead needs:
· Portfolio demonstrating a capability to make solid art choices
· Prior game industry experience in an art distribution role
· Proven AAA production experience
· Familiarity with Excel, Shotgun or other databases
· Good knowledge of Maya, Max, or similar 3D modeling software
· Experience in game production design process and methodology
Why Should You Apply
My client takes care of their staff and have done so during our steady growth over the years since the studio was founded. In addition to a competitive compensation package they offer employees 10 games per year, massage every month and health care allowance. They have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and also provide our employees’ with pension; ITP 1 or ITP 2.
More About The location
My client’s studio is located on the west coast of Sweden. Gothenburg is Sweden’s second largest city with a population of about 1 million people. This charming location was chosen because of the plethora of highly talented game developers that can be found in this part of Sweden and its southern regions. Founded on the core principles of excellence, fun and respect, my client is working to create a world-class team of developers and an exceptional working environment, and to build the next big thing in AAA gaming.
For more information about this role contact +44 (0)1709 834777 or email Simon@aswift.com