Online Technical Director
Do you want to join a AAA studio based in Newcastle-upon-Tyne? An industry powerhouse rich in both heritage and hits; responsible for some of the most critically acclaimed and top selling AAA games of recent years.
As the new Online Technical Director you will provide leadership, a technical direction and assume responsibility for the online elements of projects.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Define the online technological vision of projects
- Lead the online technical design of projects
- Accountability for online technical deliverables
- Provide mentorship on online topics
- Ensure the coherence, efficiency, scalability, modularity & compatibility of online features.
- Determine necessary engine, game & tool enhancements to meet online needs.
- Direct programming leads in analysing & resolving issues regarding engine, game, tools & middleware.
- Assist the Technical Director in reviewing the game & development processes.
- 10+ years experience in coding or another relevant discipline.
- Experienced working with various game engines.
- Significant involvement in 4 published games, at least 2 at a senior level.
- Detailed knowledge of common algorithms, data structures & patterns.
- Outstanding programming skills & good knowledge of OO development & design patterns.
- In-depth knowledge of online topics: community support, e-commerce, DLC & security.
- Expertise in cloud architecture: cloud management systems, container systems, services & machine scalability.
The perks and benefits available include private healthcare, life insurance, 22 days annual leave, flexible working hours and a Christmas shutdown. There's also relocation assistance for anyone living over 50 miles from the studio's location.
You’d be mad to miss out on this one!
Contact the programming team at email@example.com or call us on +44 (0)1709 834 777 to find out more about the role and the generous package on offer.