Online Software Engineer (Remote Options)
EA Madrid – Madrid, Spain
***Remote role from any of the following countries: Spain, Romania, Sweden, Germany, United Kingdom***
Electronic Arts are searching for an Online Software Engineer for their Madrid studio, joining them either in-house or from anywhere in selected countries. As an EA Online Software Engineer, you will be providing major online gaming components and features for their Madden franchise with a focus on code quality, extensibility and testability, and to provide support to engineers on the team. You will design next-generation game engine components used to power online gaming experiences and services.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Participation in distributed agile development across multiple teams
- Writing code and assisting in designing of interfaces for game systems Utilising C++ and object-oriented programming
- Evaluating system performance, troubleshooting, and developing complex modifications to applications as needed
- Collaborating with other Software Engineers and Team Leads in developing recommendations to improve quality control and team productivity
- Working directly with both client and server teams to maintain high-traffic services for multi-platform games
- Iterating and designing improvements to live systems and workflows
- Identifying bottlenecks and slow queries and improve them
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role…
- A Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional background.
- 5+ years of development experience in Agile/Scrum environment
- A proficiency with C++ with an emphasis on OOP/D
- Familiarity with MySQL or similar relational database
- Experience in a Windows environment. Linux experience is a plus.
- Specialisations in client-server architectures, basic network protocols (e.g. TCP/IP and UDP), concurrency, and latency
- Multithreaded programming and debugging expertise
- Experience with scripting languages (i.e. Lua, Python), XML and C#.
- An ability to test and debug other Software Engineer's code competently
- Knowledge of source code management: Git or Perforce is preferred
EA Sports is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling game franchises, award-winning innovation, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences dedicated to growing the love of sports. They' re famed for AAA titles such as FIFA, Madden NFL, NHL, NBA LIVE, and EA SPORTS UFC.
EA also provide a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical and life insurance, pension plan, meal vouchers, stocks programs, fitness reimbursement, flex benefit program…and of course, free games!
Interested? Contact me for a confidential chat about the role, studio and their culture.
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834 777.