Online Software Engineer
Criterion – Guildford, UK
Fancy working at a world-renowned studio who do their best to ensure your needs, career, and personal life are all well balanced?
You’ll soon become part of a dynamic work environment with several fitness perks, discount programs and even free games for you to enjoy! You'll also have your own dedicated studio barista; how awesome is that?
Here's what you'll do as an Online Software Engineer
You will work in C++ on the client, dedicated server, and backend online services. You will own the end-to-end implementation of areas that will include match making, game invites, and first party session management.
You will also have involvement in the creation or maintenance of some of the connected features of games, including leaderboards, clans, and UGC sharing. Your team will be also involved with the system testing processes and launch of Crtierion titles, ensuring that the experiences created are delivered safely to the players.
To succeed in this role you'll need:
- Several years of experience using C++
- Competent with MySQL (or similar database technologies)
- A history of working with first party online systems
- Capable with continuous integration and delivery
- An understanding of client server interaction and limitations
You'll earn BONUS POINTS for:
- Experience with cloud deployment (preferably AWS)
- Good knowledge of Linux.
- C# skills
- Knowledge of Kubernetes or Mesos/Aurora
- Experience with Docker or similar container formats
The studio is offering in return:
- A great compensation package, plus annual bonus scheme
- Central location in Guildford (five minutes from the main trainstation)
- Private medical insurance and dental care
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Stock plans
- Free on-site gym
- Employee discounts
- Rail season ticket loan
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- On-site café
- 25 days holiday (including three days company shutdown between Christmas and New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer and Christmas)
- Casual dress code
- Games area
Interested in learning more?
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777