How would you like to join a 160-strong team of developers who've produced a range of era-defining games? Are crazy about VR and Racing? You'd be joining a client who has over a decade of experience in this field producing AAA games!
You'll take an active part in the game design process working with designers and other development departments. You'll then turn game designs into technical specifications and implementing resulting code, working with other programming teams to interface with all project subsystems, including gameplay, UI,and physics.
You'll contribute to technical design documents and knowledge base, and test and refine Online-connected features during the development process.
So, you'll need the following skills;
- At least five years C++ coding experience
- Comfortable with console programming API’s to compliance requirements
- A strong understanding of network sockets and reliable/unreliable protocols
- Familiarity with P2P and client/server packet handling and latency/packet-loss mitigation
- Experience in programming standard multiplayer features (matchmaking, leaderboards, friends etc)
- Good debugging skills
- European location
Additionally, experience with any of the following will be considered an advantage:
- Familiarity with client/server programming concepts
- Java server programming, server scalability and deployment
- PHP programming, HTML / CSS
- Databases (primarily MySQL)
- Linux and cygwin scripting
- Anti-cheat systems
Interested? let’s have a chat – no need to update your CV just yet. You can contact Faheem at Faheem@aswift.com or on +44 (0)1709 834777.