Want to work with a dynamic games studio, founded on a wealth of traditional game development experience, alongside a bunch of people who are talented and passionate about making the best in free to play games?
As their new Network + Server Programmer you'll be designing, prototyping and developing server-based multiplayer game systems, including both synchronous and asynchronous gameplay, matchmaking, leaderboards, DLC and more.
You'll be working very closely with designers, programmers and the technical director to solve the many challenges involved in creating a high quality & scalable online user experience.
This is a permanent full-time role, based in Old Street, London with the option to work remotely 2 days per week at the discretion of the business, in addition to a very competitive salary package.
Let's look at what you'll be doing:
- Growing the multiplayer service into innovative new areas across new titles, using the latest technology to develop the most compelling online experience for our players.
- Designing and building new online functionality in a maintainable, robust and flexible manner, ensuring scalability and readiness for rapid post-launch updates in response to customer feedback.
- Writing tools where necessary to empower artists, designers and customer services to administrate the online services as much as possible.
- Be actively involved in design discussions to make best use of technology.
What they want you to have:
- Broad experience of server/network programming and principles, including database design, replication, load balancing, reliable/unreliable messaging, latency minimisation, security.
- 2+ years of server/network development experience in high load scenarios. Games and/or Unity experience desirable but not essential.
- A passion for the latest Web technology, an interest in games a definite advantage.
Interested? Get in touch! – email@example.com / +44 (0) 01709 8347770