Network Programmer (Remote)
***Aardvark Swift Exclusive Role***
Are you a Network Programmer with strong Unreal 4 programming experience? Do you want to be involved from the very beginning of a new project that could possibly be the most exciting AAA game development project in recent memory?
This title will be bringing a new flavour and twist to an already hugely popular genre of games.
We really want to be able to shout about this new title from the rooftops but until January 2021 we can't say too much as the project is currently subject to NDA. But trust me when I say this is one hell of an exciting project that people are really going to want to be a part of, and you can be involved right from the very start.
As the new Network Programmer you will be joining a studio which has some serious financial backing and is looking to ramp up the development team in preparation to hit the ground running on developing their brand new, next generation AAA IP in 2021.
The studio is based out of Barcelona, which is typically a location associated with mobile titles, however this studio is bucking the trend and will be creating highly complex AAA games using Unreal for console and PC.
As the studio expands their development team there will be a number of positions available, but one of the key positions as the studio prepares to begin production in early 2021 is for a specialist Network Programmer, which is where you come in!
To be suitable for the role, you need proven record of:
- Developing fast, reliable and most importantly, fun multiplayer features in collaboration with gameplay and design teams.
- Understanding existing functions and suggesting and developing improvements all with the end goal of bringing the best multiplayer experience to players.
- Collaborating with colleagues in production and support teams
- Resolving network bugs
- Documenting your work
The experience and skills that will be key include…
- Experience optimising Unreal for networks.
- Experience implementing mid-size multiplayer games.
- Focus on traffic optimisation, lag reduction, quality of service
- Experience of UE4 Game Ability System
It's easy to over elaborate when trying to attract applicants for roles, but on this occasion it is very much worthwhile. This is an opportunity to put yourself at the pinnacle of game development in 2021.
For a confidential conversation and to find out more details please call me on +44 (0)1709 834 777 or email me at email@example.com