Senior Network Programmer
Codemasters – Midlands, UK
Now part of the Electronic Arts family, Codemasters are searching for a Senior Network Programmer to join their network programming team. In this role, you will get to tackle the challenges of managing the complex interdependency of the tech elements which bring the game to bear and enable a global multiplayer network.
The team are hard at work on an unannounced title for next generation consoles, and you will work closely with the game and design teams implementing online features, writing, and reviewing code and bug fixing amongst other duties.
Your key responsibilities in this role will include…
- Programming multiplayer game and server features
- Taking leadership on large components of the games features or even complete platforms
- Liaise with Designers and Programmers to implement key game features from inception to completion.
- Feature estimation and reporting to the team lead
The skills and experience you’ll need for the role…
- Significant network implementation and low-level experience, ideally on current-gen consoles (PS4, XBOX) or PC (any experience working on next gen development kits – highly desirable)
- Fluent C++ deployed within a similar role in the games industry
- Understanding of client-server and peer-to-peer networks and extensive experience in relation to games
- Experience of implementing multi-platform game client networking solutions on current console & PC platforms
- Comfortable using version control software in games
- Ability to write clear and maintainable code pertaining games networks
- Solid games industry track record, evidenced in previously published products
Bonus points if you have…
- C# and web server programming
- Experience of working on servers, for example in a Live Services function
Some of the perks of the role include…
- Flexible working hours designed to fit around your life
- Annual bonus structure
- Dedicated training time for self-improvement
- Free company minibus from Leamington Spa to work.
- Free on-site gym
- Large on-site free car park
- On site subsidised catering
- Studio pub
To find out more about this exciting role, the studio or the company culture, contact Philip for a confidential chat.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777.