Network Gameplay Programmer
Supermassive Games – Guildford, United Kingdom
Supermassive Games are searching for a Network Gameplay Programmer to join their talented team in Guildford, UK. You’ll be engineering brand new features, from basic prototypes through to robust, reusable systems that underpin their upcoming games. You’ll also be crafting realistic and expressive characters, innovative game mechanics and smooth, responsive control systems for their stable of AAA projects – in other words you’ll be playing a key role in developing our future games.
The skills and experience you'll need…
- Expertise in C++ with previous professional development with the language and have contributed to shipped games on PC, console or mobile
- An understanding of network coding for multiplayer games, managing the state of each game object and providing a smooth, glitch-free experience to all clients
- Great communication skills with an ability to talk about your work – you’ll be as comfortable specifying a task with designers and collaborating on a shared codebase with engineers as you are taking feedback from directors and producers
- A practical mindset – sometimes a rapid prototype is needed to quickly test an idea. Other times a mission-critical system needs detailed planning and consultation. You have an instinct for what level of engineering is needed, and you can work efficiently at any level.
- A passion for games – you’ve probably been playing games forever. You understand an engaging player experience and are confident reproducing it in code
Bonus points if you have…
- Experience shipping games on console or PC
- Detailed knowledge of SDK and technical requirements of Sony PlayStation 4, Microsoft Xbox One or high-end Windows PC
- A specialisation in Unreal Engine 4, with experience using and extending the editor and runtime of Unreal Engine
You also need to be…
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Always striving for quality
- Creative and innovative
Supermassive Games have harnessed Unreal Engine 4 and built a suite of powerful, world-class systems on top of it – now is the perfect time to join their programming team and get involved in some exciting projects!
Interested in hearing more about this role?
Get in touch for a confidential chat!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777