Motion Capture Specialist
Rocksteady Studios – London, United Kingdom
Rocksteady Studios are on the lookout for a Motion Capture Specialist to join their characterful and collaborative Animation team! They're a member of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family, and the developer of the award-winning Batman: Arkham series of games.
This person will be running the in-house Motion Capture studio, and working alongside a team of world class Cinematic and Gameplay Animators on their upcoming title Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Collaborating and establishing close relations with Animation Leads and Animators on shoot desires and scheduling.
- Working with Mocap Performers
- Calibration and set-up for the capture volume, including cameras & equipment
- Data Post Processing (tracking / solving / retargeting)
- Maintenance of markers, tracking objects, and mocap hardware, suits and consumables
The skills and experience you'll need…
- Hands-on, professional background with motion capture software (Vicon Shogun Live and Post) in capture, data clean-up and solving
- Previous Operation of Vicon motion capture system in a live action shooting environment
- A solutions-oriented mentality with a passion to succeed
- Excellent communication and personable abilities
- An openness to exploring emerging tech
Bonus points if you have…
- Knowledge and experience working with motion capture technologies, such as high-end optical (Vicon)
- A familiarity with Unreal Engine 4, Maya and MotionBuilder
- A keen interest in Face rig setups and methodologies
- An understanding of timecode and video reference as part of a motion capture studio setup
- A firm grasp of the game production process
- A finger capture background
- Xsens suit capture expertise
If you do not meet all the requirements, but after reading through the description you feel excited about the position, and believe you’d still be a great fit for the role we’d still love to hear from you!
Just some of the benefits Rocksteady can offer include…
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
Rocksteady are a one-project studio that built their success by combining genre-defining gameplay and character-driven cinematic narrative with AAA production values. Their philosophy for game development is all about treating people well to create quality entertainment that stands the test of time. Born in the heart of London, their multicultural team takes inspiration from the culture and history of their home in one of the most diverse cities in the world.
To set up a confidential conversation about this role, or to find out more about the studio please click on the link or get in touch!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777.