Motion and Graphic Designer
PortalOne – Oslo, NO
Portal One are looking for a talented multi-disciplinary Motion and Graphic Designer to help create stellar marketing, branding and promotional artwork, both static and animated. The ideal candidate has a strong affinity for traditional graphic design, combined with a passion for animated 3D motion design, and is also keen to learn new skills.
PortalOne develops mobile-first “hybrid games” that combine games and live shows to give users a more engaging games experience, with stunning visuals and interactivity.
This convergence of entertainment forms means that PortalOne's workforce is a mix of people from diverse industries, all working as a single team to create new workflows and pipelines to support production and delivery of next generation gaming entertainment. With founders and colleagues who have pioneered #1 hits in the gaming, film and TV industries around the world, PortalOne has a culture of embracing challenge and breaking through barriers to bring great entertainment to life.
Your responsibilities will include…
- Creating branding, marketing and promotional artwork and animations, utilising both 2D and 3D skills
- Gathering necessary assets and resources from the art production team, and incorporating/enhancing these in your own compositions in order to create marketing/promotional materials
- Refining your designs through iterative cycles, including testing, reviews, and evaluation
- Closely collaborating with marketing specialists, the Art Director, other artists, internal team members and external partners to help materialise the company’s brand vision across a variety of different mediums and channels
- Contributing to a consistent and well-designed user interface, including both apps and other external interactive media
For this role, you will need…
- A minimum of 3 years of recent, relevant professional experience
- A background creating 2D graphic design artwork and animations, as well as familiarity with 3D applications
- Excellent visual communication skills, and a solid understanding of fundamental graphic design, motion design, UI/UX design and branding principles
- Ability to use Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects and other relevant software in order to create exceptional visual material for print, online, social media and in-app use
- Experience working in 3D applications such as Blender, Cinema4D, AfterEffects, Maya or 3dsMax to create stunning rendered and/or animated imagery
- Willingness to use (and/or learn) Unreal Engine in order to access and utilise assets produced by in-house and external art teams
- Full-working proficiency and fluency in English
- Experience with digital illustration and/or conceptual design
- A basic understanding of real-time 3D game engines and industry-standard art production pipelines
- A passion for games, animation and VFX
- Strong soft skills (Professionalism, Communication, Teamwork, Self-Awareness, etc.)
Just some of the benefits of working with PortalOne include…
- A competitive salary
- 25 paid vacation days per year, plus public holidays
- 35 weeks of paid maternity and 10 weeks of paid paternity leave
- Pension program
- Healthcare insurance
- Paid mobile phone subscription
- Paid gym membership
At PortalOne, you will be working in an environment that is supportive, team-oriented, and collaborative. Your work will have a direct influence on the development of their products. In addition to the professional growth opportunities and general benefits, joining the PortalOne team also offers some nice lifestyle perks. You get arcade machines, ping pong, networking, social activities and a creative atmosphere all in one package.
Oslo itself offers the opportunity to easily combine an urban lifestyle with outdoor pursuits. The full range of European cultural offerings comes with the city, but with the added benefit of numerous summer and winter sporting activities just a subway ride away.
Interested? Want to know more?
Get in touch with Liam on +44 (0)1709 834 777 or email email@example.com now!