Mid/Senior Environment Artist
Want to make your mark at a huge but truly independent company, creating spectacular and convincing environments for games?
For this role, you will need at least 3 years’ industry experience modelling, texturing and lighting game environments.
Experience of a full console/PC production cycle, from beginning to end, on at least 1 published game would also be preferred.
You'll need to show a portfolio of examples demonstrating outstanding visual and technical ability, high-resolution modelling in Max and/or Z-brush, and normal mapped game environments.
Your responsibilities will include…
- Creating models of 3D environments, map predefined textures, new textures and lighting environments.
- Creating artwork to the highest visual quality whilst working efficiently to time and memory budgets.
The key skills required include…
- Expert ability with 3d Studio Max and Adobe Photoshop
- Creating normal maps using 3ds Max, Photoshop, ZBrush or CrazyBump
- First-class texture creation skills including a strong knowledge of multi-layered material/shader effects
- Well versed in modelling and texturing high and low polygon environments, including terrain, buildings and props
- Strong technical understanding of console limitations and knowledge of efficient artwork techniques
- UV mapping skills with efficient layouts
- Ideally able to demonstrate understanding of real-time lighting and HDR techniques and their application in games.
- Understanding of particle systems would also be an advantage
Got the skills and know how required for this role?
Please send your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777.