Mid or Senior Systems Engineer
Rockstar Games – Dundee, UK
I'm working with Rockstar's Dundee studio to find a Mid or Senior Systems Engineer as part of their search for talented engineers to build and maintain systems used by the studio's scripting teams.
Rockstar Games create world-class titles which in themselves need no introduction. A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You'll be joining a dedicated and inclusive work environment where you'll collaborate with some of the industry's most talented devs.
You'll develop the supporting technologies for the gameplay and content teams; building and maintaining code systems across a broad spectrum of areas.
Your efforts to develop tools, improve cross discipline workflows and integrate systems with platform specific features and APIs will ensure your colleagues in gameplay and content are best placed to continue the studio's sterling work in developing and servicing their critically acclaimed AAA titles.
Key responsibilities will include…
Develop features as part of tooling, engine, networking and gameplay code
Gather specification and requirements from teams across multiple disciplines
Analyse existing workflows across teams and disciplines, helping to identify and agree on required improvements
Work closely with senior and lead engineering staff to develop and integrate new system features
Key skills and experience for the role include…
- Experience implementing action or multiplayer systems for a shipped title
- C/C++ programming skills (VC14 preferable)
- Highly motivated, positive and personable
- Comfortable working as part of a team.
- Adaptable and able to multi-task and prioritise
- A keen eye for detail and quality code
Bonus points if you have any of the following…
- Experience developing on current gen consoles
- History of working with large, legacy code bases
- Experience on modern networked game
- Previously authoring technical designs or breakdowns for feature sets
- Knowledge of Xbox Live or PSN services
- Computer Science or Game Design degree with a programming focus, however, relevant experience will be considered as an alternative
Interested in learning more about this role?
Email Paul at email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777.