Live Service Tech Lead (Remote Options)
Media Molecule – Guildford, UK
Guildford-based Media Molecule are searching for Live Service Tech Lead to join them either in-studio or remotely. As a tech lead at Media Molecule, you will play a vital role in their live team. You will be responsible for managing the technical aspects of the continual improvement and experimentation initiatives within their newest project, Dreams. Partnering collaboratively with other technical stakeholders across the studio, you'll ensure the ongoing technical success of their innovative user-generated content platform as they expand the capabilities of their service.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Managing the day-to-day work of the live programming team
- Collaborating with production and programmers on the live team to build pragmatic technical roadmaps focused on improving and optimising the player experience within the Dreamiverse
- Ensuring that system designs are clearly established and communicated to relevant stakeholders
- Proactively solving problems, working in collaboration with other discipline leads
- Guaranteeing that technical initiatives across the live team are aligned with the studio’s technical strategy
- Locking in the technical quality and timely cadence of the live team’s releases
- Driving forward optimisations of the studio’s live release process
- Building and maintaining working relationships with representatives of the backend services team to ensure the scalability of their live service
- Supporting the live programming team’s welfare and provide meaningful mentoring
- Affecting broad aspects of the Dreamiverse and having a significant impact on player and community experience
The skills and experience you'll need for this role…
- A history of developing and refactoring code in a live service environment
- Expertise in C and C++
- Excel in debugging and analytics
- A track record with the inclusion of with game analytics teams to optimise a live service
- Multiple years of game development experience; live service background a must, console history a plus
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A familiarity with managing, mentoring and leading technical staff
- An ability to create, manage and track team schedules
- Demonstrable strong, natural, leadership skills and emotional intelligence with the ability to lead remotely
- An ability to work effectively with production teams to analyse and address development needs
- Adept at working collaboratively, autonomously and are capable of delivering team results with limited supervision
Are you interested in learning more about this role?
Get in touch with Paul for a confidential chat about the role, studio and their culture.
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777.