Lighting or Generalist Artist
Codemasters – Southham, UK
Codemasters are on the lookout for a Lighting or Generalist Artist to join their talented F1 team based in Southam in the UK, who will help define the look of future titles to come – they believe that world-class racing sims also means beautiful games!
This is a genuinely exciting and varied role that covers a wide range of duties including game lighting, 3D asset/scene creation and providing general art support for the game teams as required by the project. You'll have the opportunity to design, produce, implement and document art assets to the required high standards that they have set themselves and you'll assist in agreeing timescales with the Principal Lighting Artist, as well as production and art management teams.
Codemasters are looking for someone that has a comprehensive knowledge of the composition of scenes; the way environments and assets look is of vital importance to them, as is the way the overall scenes are lit, so that they mirror their real-life versions as closely as possible.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with game engines, such as Unreal or Unity, and how you can implement your own knowledge and skillset into current pipelines is of real interest to them. The role will be part of a small team, however you will be playing a huge part in supporting exciting future projects. You'll have the opportunity of working very closely with many teams working on the project including the Environmental Art team, Graphics, and Animation
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Working with the Lead Lighting Artist to deliver the technical and artistic vision on both a pipeline-management and visual level
- Identification and selection of tools, technologies and pipelines to enhance content creation pipelines and working processes
- Collaboration with other project technical and content creators to define clear goals and evolution paths for all tools and working practices
- Identifying and testing internal and external tools that help maintain a competitive edge in content generation and visual quality
The skills and experience you'll need…
- Professional development in similar roles within the industry
- Demonstrable experience in real-time, dynamic lighting; ideally within video games development
- Expertise generating grading & LUTS
- A portfolio showing artistic flare as well as solid technical credentials both in lighting and 3D asset creation
- The ability to deliver production-value with a consistent visual palette
- Excellent knowledge of 3DSMax, Substance Suite, Adobe CC
If this sounds like the challenge you’re looking for then get it touch!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777