Splash Damage – Kent, UK
Splash Damage are looking for a Lighting Artist to work within their multi-disciplined art team, collaborating with Art Direction and Design departments to ensure their maps are both fun to play and look visually impressive.
As a Splash Damage Lighting Artist, your responsibilities will consist of…
- Working with the Art Director and Lead Artists to maintain a consistent artistic style and ambience in line with the defined visual aesthetic for the game
- Collaborating with both the Design Team and Tech Art to ensure a balance between aesthetic quality and performance requirements
- Utilising ambient colour and lighting to evoke and emphasise emotional experiences that reflect the narrative and visual tone
The key skills and experience you'll bring to the role…
- You'll have an in-depth artistic knowledge that you can apply to devising creative lighting solutions
- Experience working with lighting in Unreal Engine 4
- An adept understanding of the lighting process, particularly static lighting, light map creation, light diffusion, atmospherics, global illumination and PBR
- An ability to communicate proficiently, receiving and providing clear feedback
- A passion for game development
Bonus points if you have…
- Strong traditional art or photography skills
- A solid grasp on physically-based rendering
- An ability to participate in the research and development of new techniques and implement them into the production pipeline
- Expertise in post processing, colour grading, SSAO, bloom, tone mapping curves, HDR, etc
Splash Damage are dedicated to crafting team-based multiplayer games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork. Their recent releases include Gears Tactics and Outcasters for Stadia. The studio is now working on several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine-focused studio, they're transitioning their teams into the state-of-the-art technology in UE5, and are searching for skilled and passionate developers to help drive this.
Advocating for a fair work-life balance, Splash Damage offer a comprehensive benefits package that focuses on the well-being of staff and their families. Splash Damage believe that the cornerstone of great work is having a team with a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from onboard, and are committed to increasing diversity across their studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, the studio is currently working remotely, and any new team members will do so too until they're able to return.
To find out more about this exciting role, the studio or the company culture, contact Jasmin for a confidential chat.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777.