Ballistic Moon – Farnborough, UK
I'm working with independent studio, Ballistic Moon to help them bring onboard a Lighting Artist.
Ballistic Moon are a new independent studio founded by industry veterans and they're on the cusp of something amazing! Based in the South East of England, the studio is a tight knit team of highly experienced and talented developers who are focused on creating exceptional and innovative games for next generation platforms.
The studio are working with a AAA publisher in the early stages of a major new project, and they are looking to expand their team as a result, this is where you come in!
As a Lighting Artist with Ballistic Moon your responsibilities will include working with the Art Director and Lead Artists to maintain a consistent artistic style and ambience in line with the defined visual aesthetic for the game.
You'll be collaborating with both the Design Team and Tech Art to ensure a balance between aesthetic quality and performance requirements, and you'll utilise ambient colour and lighting to evoke and emphasise emotional experiences that reflect the narrative and visual tone of the project.
The key skills and experience you'll bring to the role…
- In-depth artistic knowledge that you can apply to devising creative lighting solutions
- Experience working with lighting in Unreal Engine 4
- An adept understanding of the lighting process, particularly static lighting, light map creation, light diffusion, atmospherics, global illumination and PBR
- Strong communication skills, happy providing and receiving concise feedback
- A passion for game development is a must!
So, do you have experience working on AAA PC and Console Games? Are you culture, project and delivery focussed?
Yes? Then look no further…
To find out more about this exciting role, the studio or the company culture contact Jordan for a confidential chat.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777.