Level Designer (Remote)
The Sand Box – St Julians, MT
I'm working with The Sand Box to locate a Level Designer to work on their UGC virtual world.
What happens when Gaming collides with Cryptocurrency? The answer is The Sandbox. This pioneering studio has created its own virtual world where players can build, own and monetize their own 3D gaming experiences on the Ethereum blockchain. Creating the step to future gaming the studio is focusing on building a deeply immersive gaming virtual world metaverse, where creators get the chance to make games next to gaming giants and familiar brands such as Atari, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Shaun the Sheep, and more gaming partners.
As a Level Designer you'll be creating levels for the UGC virtual world under the supervision of the Founders and the Project Manager. You will be responsible for delivering levels made with the Game Makers and helping creators with their projects.
Success in this role requires a team player who will enjoy the creative challenge of exploring the limits of the studio's Game Maker and is happy to evolve alongside the constraints of the tooling environment.
You can expect your day to day to also include the following…
- Document and create Adventure / RPG game experiences using the in-house game tool
- Work in close collaboration with the Development and QA teams to balance and debug game levels
- Review creators experiences and suggest improvements
- Suggest improvements for The Sandbox Game Maker tool based on your experience
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role include…
- Experience designing avatar-centric 3D levels (RPG or Adventure games)
- Experience working with in-house editors
- familiar with Game Design concepts and game logic
- Strong communication skills
- Organised and autonomous
- Excellent written and spoken English
Bonus points if you have any of the following…
- Experience of coordinating a team
- Knowledge about cryptogames
- Basic programming skills
- An eye for aesthetics, knowing what makes an environment appealing
- Involvement in UX processes for an editing tool
- Played other UGC games such as Minecraft or Roblox
If you want to be a part of the future of this cutting edge concept get in touch with Rahul for a confidential chat.
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777.