Level Designer (Remote)
The Sand Box – St Julians, MT
The Sand Box are searching for a Level Designer to work on their UGC virtual world.
What happens when Gaming collides with Cryptocurrency? The answer is The Sandbox. This pioneering studio has created its own virtual world where players can build, own and monetize their own 3D gaming experiences on the Ethereum blockchain. Creating the step to future gaming the studio is focusing on building a deeply immersive gaming virtual world metaverse, where creators get the chance to make games next to gaming giants and familiar brands such as Atari, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Shaun the Sheep, and more gaming partners.
As a Level Designer, you'll be creating levels for the UGC virtual world under the supervision of the Founders and the Project Manager. You will be responsible for delivering levels made with the Game Makers and helping creators with their projects.
Success in this role requires a team player who will enjoy the creative challenge of exploring the limits of the studio's Game Maker and is happy to evolve alongside the constraints of the tooling environment.
You role and responsibilities will include…
- Documenting and creating Adventure / RPG game experiences using the in-house game tool
- Working in close collaboration with the Development and QA teams to balance and debug game levels
- Reviewing creator experiences and suggesting improvements
- Conceiving improvements for The Sandbox Game Maker tool based on your experience
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role include…
- A background designing avatar-centric 3D levels (RPG or Adventure games)
- Expertise working with in-house editors
- A familiarity with Game Design concepts and game logic
- Adept communication skillset
- Organised and autonomous mentality
- Excellent written and spoken English
Bonus points if you have…
- Experience of coordinating a team
- Knowledge about cryptogames
- Basic programming skills
- An eye for aesthetics, knowing what makes an environment appealing
- Previous involvement in UX processes for an editing tool
- Played other UGC games such as Minecraft or Roblox
If you want to be a part of the future of this cutting edge concept get in touch with Dan for a confidential chat.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777.