Level Designer (Remote Options)
Warp Digital – London, UK
Warp Digital are looking for a Level Designer to work closely with other members of the team to develop a new open-world multiplayer game on next-generation platforms. You will be part of the gameplay team working on a large-scale survival title set in the Dune universe.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Designing, implementing and balancing cutting-edge game features including player abilities, aim assist/shooter mechanics, RPG progression systems, and more
- Working with the systems and gameplay teams to implement entirely new gameplay features as well as adjust and update existing gameplay features
- Collaborating with other designers, UX, QA, and playtest groups to refine and improve gameplay.
- Prototyping and implementing new gameplay content with editor and scripting tools
- Working with sound, VFX, and animation to make in-game cause and effect clear to players
- Generating and maintaining feature and content usage documentation
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game
The skills and experience you'll need…
- 3+ years of professional development in game design, with at least one shipped title
- Expertise as a designer and as a player with online games/titles
- Comprehensive understanding of game engines, technology, and the game development process
- A specialisation developing combat systems, camera systems, and class/role-based gameplay.
- A background in scripting including Blueprints or LUA or similar language
- Knowledge of the Microsoft product suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
Bonus points if you have…
- Experience with general combat design
- A track record with console development
- Design expertise within UE4
- Knowledge of Jira/Confluence
- A Passion for survival-based games
- Ability to rapidly prototype and investigate other options and ideas.
Just some of the benefits of working with Warp Digital include…
- Fair working hours; a great work like balance in a crunch-free environment
- 25 days annual leave entitlement, plus all 8 UK bank holidays
- Annual Salary Review
- Company Pension
- Continued Learning with free Udemy courses at any experience level, for those wanting to go deeper
- Quarterly events
- Project Wrap Parties
- Central London location – only two stops from London Bridge
Interested in this role? Want to know more?
Call Dan Hawkins on +441709 834 777 or email email@example.com