Level Designer (Remote Options)
Build a Rocket Boy – Edinburgh, UK
The design team at Build a Rocket Boy Games is expanding, and is looking for a passionate and exceptional Level Designer to come join them in their newly refurbished Edinburgh office – or remotely!
As a member of the Gameplay team you’ll work closely with the Game Director and the core design group and to create and maintain the vision across the Everywhere project.
For this role. you will need to be an insightful and creative team player with an enthusiasm for creating different environments, maintaining impeccable design documentation and working iteratively towards building one of the most ambitious projects in games. A strong eye for detail combined with clear and concise communication is a must.
This is a great opportunity to develop your skills alongside an incredible worldwide team.
As Build a Rocket Boy's new Level Designer, you will…
- Block out and build 3d arenas and/or set up racing routes
- Maintain the maps/tracks through various phases of development, and iterate based on feedback from peers, directors and playtests
- Uphold clear and concise documentation
- Collaborate with the Script Team to implement gameplay mechanics within the maps
- Liaise with environment artists to sell your map ideas and iterate on changes
- Prioritise work, meet deadlines and communicate progress with Leads and Directors frequently
The skills and experience you'll need…
- A strong portfolio of projects or maps you can break down and discuss
- A history of making, and enjoy playing, multiplayer content
- A willingness to iterate and adapt based on gameplay needs or technical challenges
- Industry knowledge and a comprehensive understanding of level design principles
- An appreciation for good documentation, (Photoshop skills are a plus)
- A passion for shooter or racing games and an ability to articulate that passion clearly and analytically
- Substantial track record working in 3D game engines (Unreal Engine is a plus), and submission pipelines
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
They are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time, and are a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then this is a great opportunity to do so. Build a Rocket Boy have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.
Interested? Want to know more?
Get in touch with email@example.com or call 01709834777 now!