Senior Level Designer (Remote Options)
Novarama – Barcelona, ES
Aardvark Swift are working with an awesome indie studio, looking for a Senior Technical Artist to join their growing team. This is their first AAA title and is a huge deal for the studio. Novarama prides themselves on self-direction and you'll be expected to play a huge part in the development of their next titles. In this role, you'll produce levels for Novarama using Unreal and your excellent spatial design skills, creating memorable areas and spaces for first-person multiplayer games.
You should be comfortable working and defining asset kits, designing navigation flows through the map, establishing visual & gameplay references, and liaising with the Game Design team to discuss resources, choke points, and spatial play patterns.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Producing map white boxes
- Designing visual themes and looks for game areas, indoors, outdoors, utilising sci-fi themes and playing on their conventions
- Working with game designers to understand spatial gameplay patterns and how to embrace them
- Collaborating with rendering programmers to ensure frame-rate is smooth
- Iteratively raising the quality via playtesting to reach a AAA-level experience
- Developing and adhering to quality review processes
- Overseeing 3rd parties in the production of level assets
The skills and experience you'll need…
- Demonstrable professional track record as a level designer on similar projects (project details available under NDA)
- Comprehensive background using the Unreal Engine
Based in Barcelona, Spain, Novarama are one of the most seasoned game development studios in South Europe. Founded in 2003, it has spent 9 years as a Sony exclusive studio, working on games such as the Invizimals saga (6 titles across 3 platforms). Novarama is PC/console only and focuses on hardcore game development using Unreal Engine. Since Covid, Novarama has moved to remote work, and thus we accept candidates with a desire to move to Spain as well as full-remote applicants in EU time zone and with an EU passport. The studio now is approximately 50 people and has ambitious plans to grow to +80 in the next 12 months due to exciting new projects and clients.
Interested in this role? Want to know more? Get in touch with Lawrie on 01709 834777 or email Lawrie.email@example.com