Playtika – London, UK
In 2019, one of the world's key players in the mobile market opened a boutique London studio housing a small, but very experienced team of games professionals. They had a deep passion and understanding of what it takes to make top grossing mobile games.
Although they're a part of the mobile behemoth with over 27+ million active daily users, this is a new stand-alone division innovating mobile games. As they continue to steadily grow, they are now looking for a Level Designer with F2P mobile experience to join them.
As the studio’s only dedicated Level Designer, you’ll be responsible for all things level design in both existing and new games. You'll be working closely with the Game Designer, Producer, Artists and developers.
Your day-to-day will include:
- Reporting to the studio Game Designer, you are responsible for all areas of level design in new and existing games from this London-based studio
- Creating compelling new puzzle levels
- Balancing existing levels to optimise for KPIs
- Creating new gameplay features for levels
- Using the data to understand and bring forward ideas of how to improve the KPIs
- Working with the Game Designer on new game features and concepts
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed include:
- A background in level design, evidenced in commercially successful and released games
- Highly experienced and well-played with casual mobile games
- Understand the importance of aesthetics and intrigue in levels and games
- You'll need to be creative, passionate, open-minded, positive, adaptable, and efficient
- Excellent spoken and written English to enable effective communication to stakeholders
The below competencies aren't strictly necessary but will earn you some BONUS POINTS:
- Experience with puzzle games
- Capable creating prototypes and wireframes
- A good knowledge of Unity
If you want to level up your skills, work with the best, and be in the heart of the gaming industry, this is the right place for you!
Please contact Simon Hope for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777