Lead VFX Artist (Remote Options)
Build A Rocket Boy – Edinburgh, UK
Build A Rocket Boy are looking for an experienced Lead VFX Artist with proven track record of delivering a world-class games, ensuring successful deliveries of VFX assets while leading a team of high-calibre VFX artists. For this role, you'll need a strong understanding of both technical and production pipeline, with a strong hands-on experience in VFX asset creation and technical setup.
As a department head, you will be reporting to the Art Director for all VFX related topics and collaborate with the Game Director, Designers, Engineers, and Animators to deliver high-quality visual content.
You will be joining the studio at a pivotal time as they grow their VFX team to help crystallise the VFX asset workflow and refine the artistic vision for the project.
As a Lead VFX Artist, you will…
- Be a Team Leader who will be accountable for all VFX-related topics while leading VFX Artists to success
- Help to create world-class VFX assets with the team by working closely with Designers, Engineers, and Animators
- Lead, coach and mentor the artists and facilitate one on one meetings
- Create and implement VFX assets within Unreal Engine
- Be the owner of performance, efficiency, and quality for all VFX topics
- Help to define the goals, action items and overall schedules/scope for the project
- Provide clear feedback in a timely manner to both the internal and external team
- Refine the best practices in creation of VFX assets and document any relevant workflow and pipeline updates.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure the plan and requirements are met.
For this role, you'll need…
- 5+ years professional experience working in a similar capacity within the games or other relevant creative industry
- A background in leading a VFX team
- Expert knowledge in using Houdini for VFX asset production
- A solid track record that includes working on a project from start to finish
- In-depth knowledge of various VFX creation pipelines
- Familiarity with how VFX are developed within Unreal Engine
- Strong understanding in Niagara VFX system in Unreal Engine a plus.
- Exposure to Source Control software, preferably Perforce
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong communication skills with the capability to successfully work across multiple teams
- A positive collaborative and professional working attitude
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
They are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. They're a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then join Build A Rocket Boy. They have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.
Interested? Want to know more?
Get in touch with Liam on +44 (0)1709 834 777 or email email@example.com now!