Lead Vehicle Artist
Playground Games – Leamington Spa, UK
This is your chance to work for a studio who’ve created a number of critically-acclaimed and award winning racing games. Established in 2010, our client have brought together some of the most experienced and talented developers, with a vision to create genre-defining titles for a global audience.
Due to continued success, Playground Games are now looking for a skilled and experienced Lead Vehicle Artist, responsible for the creation of immersive vehicles that realise their game’s vision.
Your technical and practical abilities should be well developed, with an ability to grasp new concepts and programs quickly. In this role, you'll also participate in R&D of new techniques which are due to be implemented into the production pipeline.
As a Lead Vehicle Artist, you will be instrumental in guiding and leading the vehicle team. You will also champion the visuals and design of the cars, keyframes, props, and set concepts.
You will work in conjunction with the Art Director to push the concept team to new limits, helping to transform ideas into inspiring concepts and production imagery. You should have a superior grasp for visual design and excellent foundation skills. You must be flexible, highly motivated, and detail conscious.
Industry knowledge, coupled with experience leading a team on published console titles, is required.
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed in this role include:
- Experience of working on published titles, ideally console and AAA
- A proven track record in the delivery of high performance and high quality 3D assets
- A thorough understanding of all technical aspects of vehicle creation
- Strong interest in self-development of managerial skills, overseeing the work of other team members and mentoring junior staff
- Experience of working with outsource vendors
- An outstanding portfolio demonstrating your vehicle work for AAA titles
- A passion for games and game visuals
For more information about this excellent role, or to learn more about the studio in question, get in touch with us!
Call +44 (0)1709 834777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org