Lead UX Researcher (Remote Options)
Koch Media – Munich, DE
Koch Media are looking for a Lead UX Researcher to, ideally, join them at their studio in Munich – but would also be open to accommodating remote working from within Europe!
Koch Media is an international media company with over 2000 employees worldwide. As a leading producer, distributor, and marketer of digital entertainment products in Europe and the USA, their business areas include the production of films and games, the purchase and sale of film license rights, the distribution of digital media products, and games publishing under various labels (Prime Matter, Deep Silver, Ravenscourt).
As a Lead UX Researcher, you will…
- Evangelise data-driven approaches to the development teams and promote the use of UX Research
- Lead and mentor a team of high-performing UX researchers across the larger organisation to drive insight and influence decisions at product and game studios’ level.
- Plan, coordinate and organise the UX Research operations and projects across the company
- Collaborate closely with the Lead Data Scientist to ensure UX research and data analytics work hand in hand
- Conduct experiments designed to assess players’ experience of a wider range of AAA video games from all genres
- Work closely with different game development teams and editorial teams around the world in order to understand their requirements and questions related to a project
- Design experiments aimed at answering questions using scientific methods (surveys, interviews, eyetracking etc.)
- Develop and adapt new methods to improve playtesting processes
- Collaborate closely with analytics team members in combining quantitative and qualitative research findings
For this role, you'll need…
- A University degree (BSc, MSc) in psychology-related or video-games related program (psychology, human computer interface, game design etc.)
- Multiple years of experience working in the video games or comparable industry
- A track record of leading teams
- Scientific curiosity and drive to get deep insights into problems
- Multiple years of experience with conducting experiments and communicating the results
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Fluency inEnglish (written and spoken). German skills a plus
- A passion for video games
- Experience with statistics and statistical programming in R
Just some of the benefits of working with Koch media include…
- Leading an agile, distributed team, motivated to contribute to a variety of AAA video games
- Partnership-oriented working atmosphere in a modern and broad-based media company
- Attractive remuneration models, company benefits such as company pension plans, employee events, flexible working hours, further training, free drinks, fresh organic fruit, etc.
Interested? Want to know more?
Get in touch with Connor Green on +44 (0)1709 834 777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org now!