Lead UI Designer
YAGER – Berlin, DE
YAGER are looking for a talented and experienced Lead UI Designer with a passion for making some of the best games out there to join their talented team!
In this role, you will be working directly with other Leads & Directors with significant ownership over the interface and responsible for building, leading and mentoring a talented mixed discipline team of UI contributors to produce high-quality features for their game. You'll lead by example and carry out UI discipline work in a clear and maintainable internal standard.
YAGER combine long-term experience with a resilient and innovative spirit. Based in Berlin, Germany, and founded in 1999 by 5 enthusiastic gamers, they are passionate about creating online action games with rich worlds, focused on social emergent gameplay. Their mission is to give players unique moments they can't wait to tell their friends about.
As a Lead UI Designer, you will…
- Champion for a strong UI discipline by creating visual guidelines, maintaining team documentation and managing work capacities
- Maintain consistency and quality of the interface while aligning to the director’s vision
- Create and suggest best practices to develop efficient workflows & pipelines
- Assist in the creation of individual UI features including asset setup and in-engine preparation
- Understand the project scope that your team is responsible for and manage tasks in an effective manner
- Collaborate closely with the production team on the planning, coordination, and execution of UI tasks
For this role, you will need…
- 8+ years of UI design experience in game development
- 2+ years in a leading function with at least one shipped game title.
- Strong knowledge of UE4, specifically UMG (Unreal Motion Graphics)
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Strong fundamentals of design (composition, typo, colors, etc)
- Experience with creation of motion graphics and visual scripting
Interested in the role and want to know more?
Call Tanaka on +44 (0)1709 834 777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org