Lead UI Artist
Splash Damage – London, UK
How do you fancy becoming a Lead UI Artist at Splash Damage?
As a Lead UI Artist you will collaborate with Art Direction and UI Design to establish and direct the UI art style for the studio's games.
The role will see you be responsible for connecting the UI with the overall game experience and keeping close tabs on accessibility while ensuring quality and consistency.
You'll use your experience and understanding of UI and visual design to effectively communicate artistic intent to the team and project stakeholders both verbally and visually. You will look for ways to push both yourself and your craft and ensure you regularly share your knowledge with members of the team you lead.
Splash Damage like to trust their Lead UI Artists with a large degree of freedom throughout the development cycle. As a conscientious lead you'll put the needs of your team first by supporting them and providing effective direction, feedback and opportunities for growth.
You'll also work with the project leadership team to streamline development and represent the UI discipline internally and also to external partners.
The skills you'll bring to the role…
- Previously worked on several commercial game projects in a UI Art position
- A portfolio showcasing strong skills in graphic design, 2D art and motion graphics
- Expert skills in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience in prototyping pre-vis UI
- Comfortable with motion graphics or concepting for motion graphics
- Capable of creating toolkits and spec sheets
- Proven time management and organisational skills; project planning at roadmap and sprint-level
- Comfortable working autonomously
- Excellent decision making, communication and presentation skills
- A love of games UI and of playing games
Bonus XP if you have any…
- Experience with Substance Designer or a 3D package
- Unreal Engine 4 experience
- Teaching experience
For more information about this excellent role contact Jasmin Ali on +44 (0)1709 834777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org