Lead UI Artist
Build a Rocket Boy – Edinburgh, UK
Build a Rocket Boy are looking for an experienced Lead UI Artist with proven track record of delivering a world-class games while leading a team of UI artists. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of both technical and production pipeline, with strong hands-on experience with both art and technical UI creation pipeline and system setup.
As a department head, you will be reporting to the Game Director, Design Director and the Art Director for all UI related topics.
You will work closely with UI Artists, Programmers and Designers to implement and create high-quality adaptable UI vital to the needs of the game. As a Lead UI Artist, you are the topic owner of all topics pertinent to UI, lead the team of UI artists, maintain visual consistency for all UI assets, and help to define the UI pipeline.
You will be joining the studio at a pivotal time as we grow our UI team and to help define our workflow and UI vision for the project.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Leading the team of UI Artists and be accountable for all UI-related topics
- Building world-class functional UI working closely with game designers, UI Artists and Programmers
- Implementing UI widgets and systems in Unreal Engine UMG UI Designer
- Ensuring UI correctly adapts to various screen shapes and resolutions with appropriate anchoring and scaling
- Utilising existing and new wireframes for review and approval
- Working with UI programmers to implement and optimise runtime UI
- Collaborating with UI artists and designers to realise and polish player experiences
- Documenting UI/UX pipelines and workflows
The skills and experience you'll need…
- 5+ years professional development in a similar capacity within the games or other relevant creative industry
- A track record leading UI teams
- In-depth knowledge of UI and UX principles
- Familiarity with UI software architecture patterns (e.g. MVVM).
- Hands-on expertise with Unreal Engine UMG UI Designer or other game UI systems (Unity UI etc)
- A proficiency with Source Control software, preferably Perforce
- Working knowledge of wireframing tools and digital content creation tools used for UI
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong communication skills with the capability to successfully work across multiple teams.
- A positive collaborative and professional working attitude.
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal.
Interested? Want to know more?
Don't hesitate to get in touch!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777