Lead Technical Artist
YAGER Development – Berlin, DE
YAGER Development are now looking for a Lead Environment Artist to join their ranks to work on a very successful, self-published title in beautiful Berlin, Germany. You will be responsible for leading and supporting the team, ensuring that deliverables are met to a high standard across each project.
As a Lead Technical Artist, you'll work with significant ownership and responsibility for leading and mentoring a talented team of technical artists and for driving global technical art initiatives within the project to ensure the success of their game. You are expected to lead by example and to be able to work collaboratively with other leads.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Leading, mentoring, managing, and motivating a team of technical artists to help create some of the most advanced and unique content seen in video games
- Overseeing the development and introduction of art pipelines including proprietary tools, software plug-ins, and new in-game technology
- Collaborating with the art director, technical director and other department leads to realize the project’s creative vision
- Constructing and maintaining technical documentation in alignment with standards, pipelines and processes
- Providing feedback and practical mentoring to team members to foster their development as technical artists and developers
- Establishing qualitative and performance benchmarks and guiding the team to reaching them
- Leading by example to find creative solutions for complex technical art problems that exceed player expectations and setting examples for other technical artists
The skills and experience you'll need…
- 5+ years in previous Technical Artist roles
- 2+ years undertaking team leading positions
- A high level comprehension of Unreal Engine 4
- Shipped at least one game as senior or lead technical artist
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Proficiency in 3D and 2D content creation tools including their respective scripting solution
- An aptness for working harmoniously with a diverse team and handling the tensions inherent in creative undertakings
- A natural adeptness for solving and troubleshooting problems
Bonus points if you have…
- A capability for programming, namely with python and c++
- An expertise in 3DsMax, Maya, Modo and Substance
As an independent studio with a team of 90+ developers and 20+ years of industry experience at their disposal, YAGER Development are working hard to bring their vision of gaming to life and are experiencing an exciting period of growth – there's no better time to join such an innovative studio!
Are you interested in learning more about this role?
Get in touch with Jasmin for a confidential chat about the role, studio and their culture.
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777.