Lead Technical Artist
Smilegate – Barcelona, ES
Smilegate Europe are looking for an experienced and talented Lead Technical Artist, to join their growing team of developers. They're looking for an individual who will be the bridge between artists and engineers, ensuring an efficient art pipeline and optimized game.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Leading and Inspiring a team of talented coworkers and be the go- to contact for all matters relating to the design and delivery of tech art systems and assets
- Working closely with Art Director, artists, and engineers to carry out the technical and aesthetic vision for the game
- Exploring novel ways to populate and annotate game levels, allowing artists and designers to have a wider positive impact on the look and design without sacrificing creative control over their craft
- Creating new or modify existing world building methods to help speed up the iteration times of the Design and Art teams
- Developing custom workflows using scripts and coded tools solutions for the art team
- Troubleshooting key pipeline issues and solve core problems in cooperation with the development team.
- Working to develop long term pipeline strategies for our teams and studio
The skills and experience you'll need…
- 10+ years console of PC game development professional history on products demonstrating a high visual bar, with credits on two or more AAA shipped titles, in a technical role
- Technical expertise across multiple art disciplines including procedural generation of environment, shaders and PBR material creation, animation and rigging
- Tech-fluency in at least one development language, such as Python, MEL, C# or C++
- An ability to effectively manage direct reports and help them with their day to day tasks
- Strong understanding of the performance implications of open world development on consoles and PCs
- Excellent communication skillset with the ability to effectively balance the needs of game design, art and programming
- Experience working on a wide range of tech art projects, regarding art tools, graphics engines, and game hardware
- High level of proficiency with 2D and 3D art tools including, but not limited to: Maya, ZBrush, Houdini, Substance Designer/Painter, World Machine, and other state of the art DCC tools
Bonus points if you have…
- The ability to work comfortably with common scripting languages (MAXScript, MEL script, Python, etc.)
- Excellent problem-solving skills and debugging abilities
- Able to present (internally and externally) a clear vision of how work addresses problems and requirements
Interested? Of course you are!
Don't hesitate to get in touch!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777