Lead Technical Animator (Remote Options)
Sumo Sheffield – Sheffield, UK
Sumo has an amazing opportunity for a highly creative Lead Technical Animator to join Sumo's Sheffield studio where they will have the opportunity to showcase and grow their skills within a seasoned and proven team. This fantastic opportunity to influence, define and manage the character pipeline of large, genre-defining AAA titles is one not to be missed.
With a rich history of developing multiple AAA franchises such as Little Big Planet and Crackdown, as well as contributing to genre-defining titles like the Forza Motorsport and Hitman series, Sumo Sheffield’s vast development experience spans multiple genres and platforms.
The team have a track record of working on some of the world's biggest and best games and received two BAFTAs for their work on Sackboy: A Big Adventure. As the scale and exclusivity of projects continues to grow, there’s never been a more exciting time to join the Sumo Sheffield family!
For this role, you'll need to have a wealth of experience and impressive track record backed up by a body of work demonstrating your highly creative approach. A passion for developing intuitive character rigs, innovative animation tools and robust character pipelines is essential. Experience developing in Python, Pymel and Pyside would be ideal. Maya API and 3D maths experience would be a plus, strong problem solving skills are essential. Experience of in engine character systems in both Unreal/Unity an advantage.
Within this role you will…
- Develop, manage and maintain a class leading character pipeline and toolset
- Work closely with code, design, character art and animation to help deliver both, engaging gameplay and cinematic performances
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of animation fundamentals, human anatomy and kinesiology
- Own Lead responsibilities such as mentoring, scheduling and R&D into new approaches
- Provide detailed input during the character creation process, from initial concept to final rigging, identifying character performance and functionality requirements
- Demonstrate an understanding of the pipelines and procedures within the studio as a whole
For this role, you will need…
- Proven industry experience developing character pipelines for console and/or PC games with a minimum of 1 published game
- Evidence of previous games completed in a Senior technical animation role
- A strong demo reel that adequately reflects this experience
- Solid knowledge of Maya. Max also a plus
- Scripting, tools and pipeline development using Python, Pymel, Pyside and Maya API. Shotgun API experience a big plus
- Understanding of character creation process from initial concept to final rigging
- Experience of FACS and motion capture pipelines highly desirable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A keen interest in industry wide developments and advancement in technology to ensure project pipelines stay up to date
Just some of the benefits of working with Sumo Sheffield include…
- Defined Annual Bonus Scheme
- ULEV car scheme
- Monthly allowance to spend on enhancing benefits
- Flexible Working
- Your birthday off
- 5 learning days including 1 volunteer day
- Duvet day
- Christmas shutdown from Christmas Eve to New Year
- Bank Holidays
- Extra allowance accrued for longer service
- Free dental insurance
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Relocation Support to the UK
- Visa Sponsorship
For more information regarding this vacancy please contact Jordan Langley at email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834 777 now!