Lead Software Engineer
Admix – Remote
Admix is combining cutting edge VR and AR tech with effective marketing from the world’s largest companies. Their pioneering platform allows developers to place banners, videos, or bespoke 3D non-intrusive ads within their games. It only takes a few minutes to master, allowing studios to focus on what they do best. Admix are a young company, but already have a large digital footprint in the VR/AR industry. They have a roster of clients who speak highly of their user friendly software.
Now they need a Lead Software Engineer to join their development team. This group is rapidly growing and is in need of a strong software engineering lead who can guide the project forward, creating a market-leading and cutting edge product.
In this role, you will work as part of an agile scrum team and be responsible for ensuring the quality of products, changes, and fixes.
Your day-to-day will involve the following tasks:
- Lead the software development processes for their Unity and Unreal SDKs
- Ensure that the engineering team delivers products on time within the set standard and expectation range
- Make decisions about code design, architecture, and refactoring to balance technical debt against delivering functionality
- Set and maintain quality standards to ensure developed software meets the needs of the studio
- Communicate progress to senior in-line management and other teams
- Review code and mentor other engineers
- Support the product owner and the rest of the development team in creating a quality product
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed include:
- Excellent understanding of software development processes and benefits of continuous integration
- Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining high quality software products
- Expert user in both C++ and C#
- Experience in native mobile application development (Android and iOS)
- Confident within game development with Unity and Unreal
- Strong automated testing background
- Experience in writing both integration and end-to-end tests for complex systems
The following would earn you BONUS POINTS:
- Experience working with remote device farms
- Confident with 3D engines as well as AR/VR/XR
- Familiarity with the ad tech
- Capable with setting up CI pipelines
- Confident with 3D graphics
- A history of introducing test automation in new projects
The mandatory qualifications Admix require:
- 5+ years professional software development experience
- 2+ years as a Lead Software Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
Want to learn more about this role?
Get in touch with us!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777