Lead Software Engineer
XYZ Reality – London, United Kingdom
XYZ Reality are looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join their innovative team.
This is a position that will enable you to gain insight into proprietary 3D models that are 5x smaller than other game engines and load 10x as fast.
XYZ Reality are the creators of one of the first engineering grade Augmented Reality systems available. Their software is revolutionising the construction industry by enabling construction workers to eliminate the need for PC based 2D models and build from holograms in real time, using their high-spec, custom built VR headsets. Not only have XYZ Reality won the CogX 2021 "Best Innovation in AR/VR" Award but have also secured an additional £20m in funding.
As the Lead Software Engineer your responsibilities will include…
- Working closely with software engineers, product managers, UX/UI, and other engineering teams to improve products
- Collaborating with the software team to develop augmented reality applications for custom hardware (and additional future platforms) using external and custom libraries
- Communicating and discussing across teams to get investment and alignment towards a shared vision
- Applying sound technical acumen, balancing maintenance, and technical reduction with a forward-looking strategy
- Contributing to shaping the future structure, tech stacks and flow of the software
- Working in a highly practical Research-and-Development and product-driven culture
- A willingness to learn new things and to help out in other areas within the company when needed
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role…
- A degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- A specialisation in C# or C++
- A background with a modern 3D engine, bonus points for Unity 3D
- Bring a proven understanding of system design patterns, memory performance optimisation and Test Driven Development
- Previous professional development in technical leadership, leading project teams, and setting technical direction
- An expertise translating product vision into engineering goals
- Experience working cross-functionally with product managers and/or UX,
- Familiarity with designing and implementing distributed or large-scale systems
If you are interested in this role and would like to know more about either the role or studio please contact Phil at Aardvark Swift.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)1709 834777.