Lead Server Programmer – London
This studio makes games that wow people and innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible without them. They redefine the standards on mobile platforms, producing one chart-topping success after another. Due to their continuing to growth, they're now looking for a world class a Lead Sever Programmer with expert PHP or Go development skills to join their specialist server team as they approach the launch of a genre disrupting mobile title.
The London team have created something truly unique with their latest title and over three years have established one of the most talented teams in the games industry. Their game will bring a console-quality experience to mobile, featuring ground-breaking graphics, an unparalleled collaborative multiplayer environment and an adventure that will retain players for many years to come.
You'll split your time 50:50 between leading their talented team to success and writing robust, well engineered code across their AWS backend, with the majority in PHP and Go. A master of Architecture, you'll take responsibility for architecting new systems and re-working old ones, ensuring the their games are in tip-top shape!
- Excellent engineering skills
- Strong PHP, Go or similar coding ability
- Expertise in developing distributed concurrent systems
- A solid understanding of the DevOps role
- Commercial experience providing high levels of availability, reliability and scalability of RESTful microservices
- Proficiency in using Linux
- Java/Python/Scala/Closure/C#/F#/Haskell/Erlang/C/C++/Rust experience (we love polyglot engineers!)
- Proficiency with Memcached and Redis
- Expertise with AWS services at scale
- A working knowledge of Chef
- Experience with client development
- Many games shipped and live environments supported
Why you should apply
This is a studio who create cutting edge mobile games, while providing an impressive benefits package, including day one stock options, flexible working hours and a fully stocked kitchen!
Interested? Contact Jordan Bateman at Jordan@aswift.com or on 01709 834777
Not for you but know someone who this’d be great for? Refer them and we’ll give you £1000 if they get the job!