Lead Security Software Engineer
EA Orlando – Orlando, United States
***This role can be worked either from their studio in Orlando or Quebec, Canada***
EA Orlando are searching for a Lead Security Software Engineer for the team working on the Madden franchise. You'll ensure the game is safe, secure and fun by partnering with development teams, analysing large volumes of data and responding to Security incidents. As a Security Software Engineer, you will partner with game developers, data scientists, fraud analysts, and other security software engineers to address some of the most interesting game security challenges out there.
You will help EA with researching and designing solutions applicable to the portfolio of Madden titles to prevent instances of cheating, botting, and tampering. You will report to a Director within the Security organization.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Partnering with development teams to develop game features that help minimize game security risk
- Developing technical solutions to help detect and minimise game security vulnerabilities
- Performing data-driven behavioural analysis and developing the required telemetry hooks, queries and processes
- Analysing and responding to security threats affecting the game experience for players
- Performing technical security assessments, code audits and design reviews.
- Communicating security risks to technical audience and propose mitigation options
- Working with internal technical teams and other partners
The skills and experience you'll need…
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of progressively complex experience in security development or online programming
- Excellent C++, OOP programming capabilities
- Expertise in Java, C#, Python, or .NET
- Solid competency with MySQL
Bonus points if you have…
- A technical leadership background
- Shipped and supported AAA titles
- Knowledge of Splunk
- A firm grasp of security best practices in either AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Enterprise Security specialisation
- Worked on online games with virtual economy
- Certification in CISSP, CEH, SSCP, or CCSP
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. Delivering games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Get in touch for a confidential chat about the role, studio and their culture.
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777.