Lead QA Tester
South East, UK
Do you want to work for a global giant in games and software QA testing? This innovative company have recently acquired an office just outside of London, and are working hard on expanding and updating the practices there in line with their forward-thinking and inventive offices elsewhere in the world.
The company provides quality assurance, localisation, live operation support, data analytics, test automation, and consulting services to its global customer base. Their clients range from small and medium-sized enterprises to Fortune 100 companies. They have a long history of top-notch games QA across multiple continents, and are looking to crack Europe.
As the Lead QA Tester, you would be reporting directly to the QA Project Lead of the UK branch. You would be responsible for leading small teams of testers who are working on a range of different projects and platforms.
Your day-to-day will include:
- Lead various projects
- Supervise and lead a group of QA testers
- Validate test requests and set up projects before testing starts
- Assign clear tasks to testers
- Manage time and resources to meet project deadlines and requirements
- Handle various bug-tracking databases dependent on project need
- Validate bug reports from testers and ensure they meet the client and company standards
- Develop and update comprehensive test plans and detailed test cases
- Verify that checklists are understood and diligently followed by the testers
- Participate in the training, motivation, and evolution of each tester
- Evaluate tester performance and behaviour at work
- Apply disciplinary measures when necessary with the help of Human Resources
- Monitor attendance of testers
- Be the main point of contact with clients and maintain a high level of communication through various tools (Skype, e-mail, phone or any client-preferred tools)
- Escalate urgent or critical problems to management and/or client(s), dependent on the situation
- Participate in the evolution of the QA service and strategies
- Create and send detailed test reports to clients
- Develop post-mortem on projects needing it
- Assist with scoping projects and testing
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed include:
- 3+ years working in game testing
- Leadership experience
- Knowledge of bug tracking tools such as JIRA
If you are interested in this position and want to learn more, get in touch!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777