Smoking Gun Interactive – Vancouver, CA
Video games have the unique ability to be both a solitary affair, but also an activity for the whole family to enjoy. Smoking Gun Interactive give you the opportunity to develop games for both the individual and those who prefer a little company in their gaming habits. From their work on Doodle Jump and the Xbox Kinect, to the hugely popular Age of Empires: Castle Siege, you will get to turn your hand to developing a huge range of games for all players.
The studio is looking for a talented and driven individual to lead their development teams. You will be able to bring a variety of experience to the table to ensure that should your team need it you can share best practises, be that a general query or a more technical gameplay question. You will also be responsible for the development of your team, so experience in mentoring and training for programmers is essential.
Your day-to-day will include the following:
- Collaborating with the Technical Director to establish the vision for the project
- Writing and reviewing technical design documents
- Producing high-quality, efficient, clean, code
- Design, develop, and test computer-based systems
- Develop data, process, and network models to optimise architecture
- Evaluate the performance and reliability of designs
- Lead and coordinate teams in the development of software and integrated information systems, process control software, and other embedded software control systems
- Proactive in identifying tasks/problems that need tackling, outside of known scheduled work, from refactoring to bug fixing
- Provide mentorship and training for programmers
- Must provide and accept feedback on all aspects of code quality
- Coordinate the hiring, supervising, and managing of other members of the team
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- 5+ years experience as a programmer in the games industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- A love for playing and creating innovative games
- Must be strongly self-motivated and an independent worker
- Expert working knowledge of C++, Standard Library, and OOP
- Strong understanding of general and 3D math, statistics, and probability
- Excellent problem solving abilities with a proven ability to tackle hard problems in creative ways
- Experience with any of the following languages – C#, Java, Lua, HLSL/Cg shaders
- Experience with mobile development – iOS and Android
- Skilled within Test Driven Development
- Experience with unit testing and TDD for server development
- Experience with C# server environments, AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience with running a live server environment and supporting operations
Want to learn more about this opportunity?
Get in touch with me!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777