Torn Banner – Toronto, CA
Have you ever thought of packing up all of your belongings and making the move to beautiful Canada?
This awesome studio is looking for a Lead Programmer to manage the programming team at their Toronto office. You should be passionate about providing high-level direction, supporting a team of engineers, and getting your hands dirty with day-to-day development.
You should be an accomplished engineer that enjoys collaborating closely with the engineering team to build a technically excellent game across multiple platforms.
Your day-to-day tasks will include:
- Lead and manage a programming team at a technical and personnel level
- Provide estimate time to complete programming tasks/objectives and be committed to meeting them
- Help in setting up best practices for coding and conduct regular code reviews
- Encourage and help guide the creation of technical design documents
- Setup a process to review the game on a regular interval during the development cycle and identify areas of improvement
- Collaborate with Directors, Designers and production to ensure efficient development practices
- Ensure that solid coding practices, technical briefs, and code reviews are maintained
- Ensure regular internal communications and encourage a positive and ambitious team atmosphere
- Demonstrate good leadership, enthusiasm, and sense of commitment
- Take responsibility for recruitment, on-boarding, development, and professional training of the programming team
- Propose solutions to improve the development of projects in the studio
- Maintain a strong understanding of multiplayer FPS games
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed in this role:
- Proficiency in C++
- 5+ years professional video game programming experience
- A strong and efficient communicator with excellent management skills
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Previous leadership/mentorship experience, or leadership interest and potential
- A good knowledge of programming languages and software engineering practices
- Experience in developing AAA titles on multiple console platforms
- Experience in Unreal Engine 4 or similar engines
- Comfortable wandering around unexplored game design territory, and excited to help refine ideas into shippable features
The following will gain you BONUS POINTS:
- Previous experience as a Lead Programmer on a shipped/live game
- A history of working in a small/medium sized development studio
The studio will offer you in return:
- Profit sharing
- Four weeks paid vacation
- A no crunch policy on development
- Relocation assistance
- Flexible schedule
- Weekly happy hour
- Healthcare and benefits
Are your bags packed? Are you ready?
Get in touch with me to learn more!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777